Florian Spring (b. 1990 in Bern) completed his apprenticeship as a carpenter in 2011, before spending several years working as a freelance decorator, carpenter, and museum set constructor.
From 2011 to 2014 he lived and worked as carpenter abroad, travelling with his camera, working in exchange for food and accommodation. His travels allowed him to develop strong and intimate relationships with different people and cultures, encouraging him to delve deeper into photography.
In 2017 Spring was awarded with the Globetrotter World Photo grant in Switzerland. Since then, he started working as photographer for different national newspapers and educated himself deeper in the field of modern documantery photography.
– 2019, VFG Nachwuchsförderpreis für Fotografie (Winner prix Sept)
– 2019, Winner of the Reporter-Forum‘s research scholarship
– 2019, Krakow Photomonth Showoff (laureate), curated by Lukasz Rusznica
– 2017, Winner Globetrotter World Photo grant
– 2019-20, Vfg Swiss Young Talent Award of Photography, Switzerland/ Germany
– 2019, Krakow Photomonth, ‘I am, you are, we are crocodiles’, Krakow, Poland
– 2019, Photo 19 for Nikon, Inside the crocodile nest , Zurich, Switzerland
– 2018, Federation of Asia Photographers, Inside the crocodile nest, Luoyang, China