Giona Mottura is a freelance photographer, artist and anthropologist. He currently lives and works in Geneva, but he has also so many collaborations in other cities in Switzerland and Europe. After obtaining a Bachelor's degree in Ethno-Anthropology in 2012 at the University of Bologna, Italy, he then moved to a diploma in Photography at the CEPV, Vevey, which he finished in 2015. He publishes at André Frère Éditions, ‘Diane’, a photographic book on the life of a transsexual singer in Switzerland. In the context of different collaborations with cultural actors and mediators, in urbanism and in art, he uses inquiry and fieldwork as research tools. This is particularly the case with collectives Urbz, Incompiuto and Large Scale Studio.
– 2019, ‘Destination Voyage’ performance and diapositives with Cyril Mettler, Bienne, Switzerland
– 2019, ‘B.I.G 2019’ Interstellar Biennale with GUT collective, Geneva, Switzerland
– 2018, ‘Through the door’ trio exhibition with Dips and Cyril Mettler, Fribourg, Switzerland
– 2018, ‘Diane’ solo exhibition at Lokal’Int, Bienne, Switzerland
– 2017, ‘Diane’ launch of the book at Paris Photo Fair, France