Matthieu Croizier (1994) is an artist and freelance photographer based in Lausanne. He graduated from the Photography School of Vevey (CEPV) in 2017 and from the Bachelor Photography at ECAL in 2020. Using photography as a tool, he tries to turn reality into fantasy, or the other way around, and to blur the line that separates what is considered normal from what is not. In his work, he is seeking for the tension between opposite notions, as the friction from beauty to ugly, from fascination to repulsion or from ordinary to spectacular.
– 2020, Carte Blanche Students 2020, Paris Photo, Paris, France
– 2020, Carte Blanche Students 2020, Paris Gare du Nord, France
– 2020, ECAL Diplômes 2020, ECAL, Lausanne
– 2020, Le livre comme espace photographique, Mulhouse Biennial of Photography, Mulhouse, France
– 2019, Brutal 003, Paris Photo 2019, Au Roi gallery, Paris, France
– 2018, There Is No Tiger In Lausanne, collective Le Salon, Standard Deluxe gallery, Lausanne, Switzerland
– 2020, Everything goes dark a little further down, selfpublished book