Claudia Schildknecht, born in 1990, dedicates herself in the field of visual media mainly to personal long-term projects with socially critical content. For example the ivory trade in Malawi, exotic alternative solutions in Swiss agriculture or the dying of the northern coral reefs of the Great Barrier Reef. Her work has been published in various magazines and newspapers, as well as exhibited in various countries in Europe.
She works as well as a freelance tattooist and is the owner of SILC Tattoo After Care GmbH. She is an initiator of the art collective Haus zur Ameise, St.Gallen which are focusing on various fields of art and running a gallery. She is also an initator of the Biotope of Relevance; an interdisciplinary art group working on bigger public installations with socio-cultural and socio-political contents.
– 2017: VFG Young Talent Award, Nominée, D‘Nischeler
– 2019: Swiss Press Photo Award Nominée, Swiss Stories, D‘Nischeler
– 2017: IN/OUT Transylvania Photo Festival, Groupe Exhibition, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, D‘Nischeler
– 2017: Biel/Bienne Festival of Photography, Group Exhibition, Biel, Switzerland, D‘Nischeler
– 2017 & 2018 Season: Ballenberg Swiss Open Air Museum, Solo Exhibition, Brienz, Switzerland,
– 2019: Curation and exhibition of the appearance of the Transnational Red Sea Centre during the Swiss Reception at the Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction 2019 / United Nations Office Di saster Risk Reduction/ cooperated with École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne and by the
Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FEDA) / ICGC Geneva / See You Later, Zooxanthellae!
– 2019: Personal Structure / GAA-Foundation / Venice Art 2019 / Venice / Groupe Exhibiton /
See You Later, Zooxanthellae!
– la couleur des jours
– Das Magazin
– Swiss Press Photo Award Catalogue